Many users get an “api-ms-win-crct-runtime- l1-1-0.dll is missing” type of error message even after successfully installing Windows. The same error can happen when certain Adobe software is installed to a laptop or a computer. Downloading and installing Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable attributes can fix this particular dll missing error.
Such dll files should never be downloaded from third-party websites as they can harm the entire operating system in many different ways.
The following are the three different practically safe methods to fix this particular dll error that has been appearing while opening up any Microsoft or other programs in a windows system.
Updating Windows can fix the error
One among the official Windows update has Visual C++ Redistributable attributes for the Visual Studio present in them. It can be easily installed through the basic ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Click upon the ‘Start’ menu in the taskbar
- Type ‘update’ within the small search box and then click upon the Enter button in the keyboard
- From the search results, make a click upon ‘Check for Updates’
- Windows shall automatically check for available update files
- Restart the laptop or computer after successfully completing the update process
- Try opening up the program that has been showcasing the error
- If the program opens smooth without popping up such dll errors, then this is the method has completely resolved them.
The windows update will automatically start after searching for an update in a Windows 10 installed computer. Windows 7 users must make a click upon the ‘Install Updates’ button to initiate the update process.
Downloading Visual C++ redistributable attributes legally from Microsoft webpage
This is an alternative method to get rid of the “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing” error.
- Visit the official Visual C++ Redistributable download page from a web browser
- Locate the ‘Download’ button and make a click upon it
- Choose the system type (x86 for 32 bit system or x64 for 64 bit system)
- After downloading the exe file, run them and follow up the on-screen installation process to install them
- Once the installation gets complete, re-open the application or program that has been showcasing the error to check if the problem still exists.
If at all no kind of error message pops up, then this method has solved the persisting problem.
Repairing Visual C++ Redistributable attributes
This method shall work on a Windows operating system that has Visual C++ Redistributable attributes pre-installed and yet facing an “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing” type of error.
- Click upon the ‘Start’ menu from the taskbar
- Type ‘Control’ within the small search box and then press the ‘Enter’ key in the keyboard
- From the search list select ‘Control Panel’ using your mouse
- Type ‘Programs and Features’ in the control panel search box
- Click upon ‘Programs and Features’ from the search result and then make a click upon ‘Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable’ from the new pop-up window
- Click upon the ‘Change’ button
- Select ‘Repair’ option
- A repairing wizard shall open up
- Follow the instructions from the wizard to successfully complete the repairing process.
After following any of these three methods, the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error shall completely disappear and shall never appear in the near future as well.